Song Recommendation: “Ɵʅ͡͡͡͡͡͡͡͡͡͡͡(̸̢̛̼̞̭͋ͅ)̸͚̰͛̔̾̀̿͒͂v̴̢͚͚͎ȯ̶̞̮͖̑̈́)̸̳̥̰̜̥̺̐ͅ)̴͎̜͍̱̋̌͋̓̾̚ ̷̨ ☼⃝◞⊖◟ ʅ͡͡͡͡͡͡͡͡͡͡͡(̸̢̛̼̞̭͋ͅ)̸͚̰͛̔̾̀̿͒͂ȯ̶̞̮͖̑̈́)̸̳̥̰̜̥̺̐ͅv̴̢͚͚͎͎̞͒͊̎ȯ̶̞̮͖̑̈́̿)̸̳̥̰̜̥̺̐ͅ)̴͎̜͍̱̋̌͋̓̾̚͜ ̷̨̢̥̅͝ͅ(̸̢̛̼̞̭͋ͅ)̸͚̰͛̔̾̀̿͒͂:̴͓̞̑̌̂̆̊͋̀:̸͎̟̯̂̓̌:̶̢͙͙͕̠̩͆(̷̮͍͚̫͚͂̍̒̋̕)̵̳̗̊̍̽́ ̵͍̪̲̀̍ ̴̤̚ ̴̹̙͙̻̓̉̚͝V̸̘̅̀̒̃̚V̴̠̼̩̘͈̦̥̉͋̐͗͌͠V̵̪̮̅̉̓“ by ⣎⡇ꉺლ༽இ•̛)ྀ◞ ༎ຶ ༽ৣৢ؞ৢ؞ؖ ꉺლ AKA Wingdings (2026)
I probably don’t appreciate Kieran Hebden enough. Four Tet’s music has always been there for me, on the shelf, so unassuming, ready to buoy my spirits if I only but reach out. And his collaborations over the last three years with William Tyler have been of particular note. And now, with his occasionally deployed ⣎⡇ꉺლ༽இ•̛)ྀ◞ ༎ຶ ༽ৣৢ؞ৢ؞ؖ ꉺლ (or Wingdings for short) he brings his finely honed senses to bear with some stunning, almost-throwback IDM. I hate to always bring up the late 90’s/early 2000’s Warp Records heyday but I’ll stop when all these musicians stop reminding me of that time! My recommended track here (which I won’t list here since I’ve already messed with your reading comprehension with all that zalgo text) starts with an understated shuffling beat before introducing the main synth melody: a yearning set of icy notes that repeat over and over, never really increasing in actual intensity but the dizzying repetition achieving the same goal nonetheless. Then it does that classic IDM thing of letting it all fade away then building it back up for an airy coda.
Comments
Post a Comment